Bennett were the Main Contractor on the reinstatement of the Bank Buildings in Belfast for our client Primark.
The project involved the refurbishment of the extremely badly damaged Grade B1 listed building following a devastating fire in 2018.
Originally designed and built between 1899 and 1900 by the architect WH Lynn, as a department store and warehouse, owned by Robertson, Ledlie, Ferguson & Co. It stands on the site of a bank erected in 1785, from which it takes its name. Since 1979, it has been owned by the Dublin-based company Primark, and serves as their flagship store in Northern Ireland.
The reinstated Bank Buildings provides 88,100sqft retail over five retail levels, complete with a nail and beauty bar, a Disney café and back of house facilities.